Thursday, February 21, 2008

Oscar Buzz

2.21.08

Dear Husband,

The Oscars are on this Sunday. Are you going to watch them?

Last year, I watched the blessed event at my neighbor's party. Am still not entirely sure why, as I don't really know my neighbors and I had things to do like wash my hair and rearrange my closet. But I went anyway.

In honor of that gold little statue and thespians in designer outfits, I dressed up, drank like 8 bottles of wine and completely failed my "Oscars Quiz" ( I was never good at standardized tests Husband ). Then, was so dehydrated the next day I considered eating snow on the way to work.

So the moral of my story is, just because Jon Stewart is hosting and "Juno" is nominated for Best Film (heeeey Ellen Page...you go girl) does not grant me special drinking priviledges for the evening.

At least that's what I'll keep telling myself.

Nominated for Best Potential Companion in this comedy we call Life,
me

No comments: